Thursday, July 17, 2008

Point A to Point B (and C and D and E...)

Hi. My name is Kate. I am 25 years old, and in desperate need of an adventure.

After a trip to Germany in high school (an agonizing eight years ago), I've had a yearning desire to return--without the confidence that if I did something like that, the world would not actually end. A year of working a desk job (cubicle job) has given me that nudge I needed to find something newer, different, and hopefully better fitting.

Back in June, I applied for a job with a Korean hagwon (private English school) through longbridgepacific.com--a website that honestly brought intrigue to the entire possibility. Fast forward through anxiety attacks, 2-$60 letters/packages (thanks FedEx!), 1 passport application (lost in some move long ago..), and a verrry uncomfortable 2-week notice, and here we are. July 16th, fresh from lunch with 3 of my favorite people in the world (Thanks, Tabitha, Tosha, and Tamara!) and a desire to keep them updated.

It is now T-9 days, 19 hours, 23 minutes until I take off for L.A., and I am waiting on my visa to be stamped into my passport. Here's a prime example of laying everything down at God's feet for Him to take care of, then going on to do some thoroughly procrastinated filing.

Now for what can only be described as a preview for things yet to come....

No comments: