Monday, January 12, 2009

Old Day, New Day

Old day:
2:30 a.m. Grumbling admitting that I need to go to bed.
7:30 a.m. Finally wake up after hitting snooze eight times.
8:10 a.m. Run out front door with wet hair and no make up.
8:35 a.m. Slink in, fingers crossed.
10:05 a.m. Return to desk from morning rounds of greetings.
11:15 a.m. Realize it's 15 minutes to lunch and need to do something before lunch.
11:25 a.m. Duck out for lunch.
12:35 p.m. Duck back in from lunch.
2:30 p.m. Recover from lunch-induced coma. Really should do work.
5:30 p.m. Figure whatever didn't get done in the last thirty minutes isn't going to get done, might as well go home. Tomorrow is another day, after all.

New day:
12:15 a.m. Finish current chapter, lights out.
8:33 a.m. Wake up 2 minutes before my alarm, refreshed and ready for the day.
9:10 a.m. Showered, dressed, enjoying breakfast over e-mail and IMs.
9:35 a.m. Leave for work a full 20 minutes early, to prepare and chat with coworkers/friends.
10:05 a.m. Get paid for talking with and enjoying kids.
11:30 a.m. An hour for lunch!!
12:28 p.m. In class 2 minutes early, getting things ready and throwing balls and pillows at the kids.
1:55 p.m. Sad that the afternoon went by so quickly and that it's time to say goodbye for the day.
2:00 p.m. Another hour, generally for prep time. Also socializing.
3:05 p.m. Classes either until 5:15 or 6:00. Regardless, put forth 800% more effort than during Old Day.
6:30 p.m. Regardless of when class lets out, leave early after unwinding with coworkers.

Yesterday one of my coworkers and I were talking in an IM, and he was bummed that today was Monday and he had to go back to work. Meanwhile, I look forward to Sunday nights, now, so I get to go to work. I get to go to work.

In other news, I transferred money home today. I took out 3,000,000 won to send home, and you have to have cash to do so. So they withdrew all 3,000,000 won in cash, and it was the coolest stack. I wanted to take a picture, but I also didn't want to get arrested. Next time, though, I'll withdraw the money on my own and take the picture. Epic. I'm really glad that the economy is bouncing back. A month ago that 3m would have bought $2k, but today it bought almost $2.2k. It's nowhere near the 1:1 rate, but I believe that as people become more desperate and prayers become more earnest, it'll come back. It's done it dozens of times before.

No comments: