Saturday, February 21, 2009

Vēnī, vīdī, vīcī

So I went to work. I dressed nicely, put on make up, added earrings, even. Went to work with a cheerful attitude, and without the chip on my shoulder that tried to tag along. I met the new girl (Hannah) who is lovely, and I'm looking forward to working with her.

As far as the Orientation itself was concerned, it was pretty much a waste of time. We were there serving a purpose for about thirty seconds; I definitely could have made it back from the YMCA in time, but the powers that be didn't want it that way. After, though, I was determined to make a good experience out of it. I purposefully found my new students and met them and their parents. I helped them put their shoes on, and I helped put the indoor shoes away. The parents were pleased by me already remembering the students--to the point where one came up to me in the middle of lunch (at a different location entirely) to have a small chat.

I didn't want to go, but I did. I went. I saw. I conquered. Next? I sojued. Until next time...

2 comments:

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

Good for you, sweetheart! That was a wise investment of your time. Hope you enjoyed the party...

Tracy Paige said...

Eh you might think that it was a waste of a Saturday but I think making a good impression on your new kids parents will help you go the distance with them and also help discourage unruleliness with the kids while you have them in class. Love you K-bug and hope the rest of your weekend is fine and dandy.