Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Feast!

19 days until Christmas! WOOO HOOO! With the approximate... millimeter of snow we got yesterday, Daegu looked a lot more festive. Actually, there's this building on the way to work that kind of reminds me of downtown Billings, so that probably helps, too.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to use my cousin Pam's careful Christmas trip research: two weeks isn't enough time to build up muscle, and I guess holiday travel would probably be a pain in the butt anyway. As a result, I am going to be joining my coworkers and probably a few other foreigners at a popular place called Holy Grill. It's run and owned by three Canadian men who have dedicated the menu to the Western palate--this is where the mystical chimichanga can be obtained. I just discovered what's on the menu, and aside from the mushrooms, looks good!

Starter...
Hickory maple bacon & wild mushroom pumpkin soup

Main course...
Slow roasted turkey
Apple glazed pork tenderloin
Rosemary & garlic mashed potatoes
Buttered carrots with cheese sauce
Traditional stuffing
Cranberry sauce
Mushroom gravy

Dessert...
Caramel pumpkin pie
Coffee & Bailey's

So it's no company potatoes, but there's also no guilt over not doing the dishes. (Hi, mom!)

No comments: